A USD50 million close-ended fund advised by the Everbright Private Equity team. First launched in 2004, its investment period expired in August 2007.
Investors include China Everbright Limited and individual investors from the US and Australia.
- Focus on companies based in China with strong growth prospects
- Investment stage: later stage
- Preferred sectors: Renewable Energy, Telecom, and Domestic Consumption
- Single investment size USD5 to USD10 million
- Expected return: average annual return at 25% of invested capital
Xinjiang Goldwind Science & Technology Co. Ltd.
- XinJiang Goldwind Science & Technology Co. Ltd. is currently the largest local wind turbine manufacturer in China. Its products include mainly 1.5MW and 2.5MW wind turbines, which are widely used in China wind power market
- The Company is listed on Shenzhen Stock Exchange (Stock Code: 002202.SZ) and Hong Kong Stock Exchange (Stock Code: 2208.HK)
- The Chinese government has launched a series of policies, leading to strong growth in the wind power market in the past few years
- Goldwind has obvious competitive edge among local companies, and we also see its capability to compete on an international level
- Website: http://www.goldwind.com.cn
China Sunshine Paper Holdings Co. Ltd.
- China Sunshine is a leading paper manufacturer of Ivory Paper and Textile Tubes Paper based in the Shandong Province
- Everbright Private Equity recognizes China Sunshine's management team as one of the most experienced teams in paper manufacturing in China
- In 2005 when Everbright Private Equity made its investment in China Sunshine, China Sunshine had a production capacity of 120,000 tons per annum
- China Sunshine has been listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange since Dec 2007 (stock code : 2002.HK)
- Website: http://www.sunshinepaper.com.cn
Anhui Yingliu Electromechanical Co., Ltd.
- Anhui Yingliu is a leading precision-foundry manufacturer in China. Clients include multi-national companies, such as Emerson Fisher, TYCO and Caterpillar
- Anhui Yingliu has the competitive advantage over their counterparts in developed countries and in China because of its relatively low labour costs and high level of metal processing capabilities
- Website: http://www.yingliugroup.com/
GDS Services Ltd.
- GDS in Beijing provides data recovery and remote backup services to financial institutions and major corporations
- Website: http://www.gds-services.com/
China Techfaith Wireless Communication Technology Ltd.
- China Techfaith Wireless Communication Technology Limited is one of the largest Chinese independent mobile handset design houses. The company provides complete design services spanning the entire handset design cycle, which include industrial, mechanical, software, and hardware designs, etc. Its customers include both Chinese and international leading mobile handset brand owners
- In Dec. 2003, SOF I invested in Techfaith, as its first strategic investor
- In May 2005, Techfaith successfully went public on NASDAQ
- Website: http://www.techfaithwireless.com/
China Highspeed Transmission Equipment Group Co. Ltd.
- The company has been listed in the Hong Kong Mainboard since July 2007 (stock code 0658.HK)
- China Highspeed Transmission Equipment Group Co. Ltd. is a leading producer of gear trains in China. Its products cover gear trains used in construction, metallurgy, power generation, petrochemicals, mining, and wind power equipment
- The wide span of use of its products not only relieves the company from risks caused by fluctuations of business cycles, but also brings it new market opportunities. Currently, the company has become one of the major suppliers of gears for wind turbines in China. It should benefit from the robust growth of wind power
- Website: http://www.chste.com