Everbright Dynamic Bond Fund is tailored for professional investors with USD assets. The fund seeks stable absolute return through investment primarily in offshore Chinese corporate securities including investment-grade, high yield and convertible bonds. Leverage and derivative could be employed to enhance yield and control risks.
- We believe there are inefficiencies in the offshore Chinese corporate debt markets arising from investor emotions, market complexities and conflicting institutional constraints
- We combine fundamental credit and economic insights with proprietary quantitative research in seeking to exploit such inefficiencies
- Tactical asset allocation across investment grade, high yield and convertible bonds
- Chinese corporates focus but may selectively diversify into other Asian names
- Diversification across industrial sectors and issuers
- Prudent use of leverage to enhance yield
- Currency overlay to monetize implied carry and capture potential appreciation
- Potential use of hedging against systematic risks
- Cross-border asset management platform and research network
- Experienced investment team
Managing Director, Head of Fixed Income & Quantitative Investments
Mr. Will Chung is currently the Lead Portfolio Manager for Dynamic Bond Fund, Dynamic Alpha Fund and Head of Fixed Income and Quantitative Investment teams. He has significant expertise in strategic and tactical asset allocation, as well as quantitative securities selection. Both Everbright Dynamic Bond Fund and Dynamic Alpha Fund have delivered outstanding absolute return since inception three years ago despite volatile market environments. Prior to Everbright, Will served as Head of Public Investment for a major Chinese investment office where he was responsible for multi-strategy absolute return investments across major asset classes. Before that, Will was the former Head of Tactical Asset Allocation at Shin Kong Life where he oversaw an US$35 Billion of global multi-asset class portfolios and piloted a Pan-Asia Quantitative Multi-Factor Equity portfolio. Shin Kong Life received “Institutional Investor of the Year” at “The 2006 Asian Investor Achievement Awards”.
Mr. Chung served as Board Director and Academic Chairperson of Taiwan CFA Society from 2007 to 2008 and graduated with Beta Gamma Sigma Honour from Columbia University with an MBA in Finance.
Managing Director, Portfolio Manager
Girish Kumarguru is the lead Portfolio Manager responsible for managing Everbright Convertible Opportunities Fund (ECOF) and the co-PM for Everbright Dynamic Bond Fund (EDBF). Girish has over twenty years' experience spanning trading, investments, credit rating, and credit risk management. Girish has been with Everbright Capital Management Limited since July 2012. Previously, Girish worked as a Director at the Principal Strategies Group (PSG) at ABN Amro / RBS, where he managed a portfolio comprising credit and convertible bonds. Prior to that, he was a hedge fund credit risk analyst at ABN AMRO. Girish was a senior credit analyst at CRISIL (now, an S&P subsidiary) in Mumbai (India). Girish has an integrated Masters of Technology in Mechanical Engineering from IIT Bombay with specialization in Operations Research and Management; and PGDBM in Finance from XLRI, Jamshedpur (India). Girish holds Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Financial Risk Manager (FRM), and Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA) certifications. Girish has been voted in the “Highly Commended” category by “The Asset” magazine in Asset Benchmark Research for The Most Astute Investors in Asian G3 Bonds for 2020.
Secondary Market Funds
|Tel||(852) 2530 8426|
|Fax||(852) 2861 2803|
|Address||9/F, Far East Finance Centre, 16 Harcourt Road, Hong Kong|